Jaylen Brown Alleges 'Targeted' Shutdown as Beverly Hills Issues Apology

The city of Beverly Hills has apologized to Jaylen Brown after admitting it released inaccurate information about the shutdown of his brand event during NBA All-Star Weekend.
The event promoted Brown’s performance brand, 741 Performance, and was hosted at the private home of Jim Jannard, founder of Oakley and one of Brown’s sponsors.
Initially, city officials told the Boston Globe that a permit for the gathering had been denied due to prior violations at the property, and that organizers proceeded anyway.
Brown strongly pushed back, calling the statement “completely false” and suggesting the shutdown felt targeted and based on biased information, causing financial and reputational harm.
Days later, the city reversed its position in a public statement on Instagram.
Officials admitted no permit application had been submitted or denied, and that the residence had no prior related violations on record.
The city said it takes full responsibility for the internal error and apologized to Brown and the Jannard family.
City Manager Nancy Hunt-Coffey explained that the event was shut down because staff believed there were possible city code violations and acted out of public safety concerns.
However, Brown’s company, Jaylen Brown Enterprises Inc., argued that closing the event based only on assumptions—without entering the property—raises serious due-process concerns.
Brown’s team maintains the gathering was a private, invitation-only event among friends and partners, not a public function requiring a permit.
They also stated that music was turned off voluntarily by 6 p.m., well before the 10 p.m. noise curfew.
The team had even contacted the local police department in advance to request an off-duty officer for support, but the request was declined.
According to them, no evidence of any violation was ever presented.
On X, Brown reiterated his frustration, saying the apology came only after the damage had already been done.
When asked whether he believed the shutdown was racially motivated, he noted that other All-Star-related events appeared to proceed without issue and questioned the timing, especially since it was early evening and not disrupting traffic or residents.
Despite the tension, both Brown’s organization and city officials have expressed interest in finding a constructive path forward, including potential collaboration on future community initiatives.
You may also like...
Fela Kuti's Son Ignites Fury with 'Racist Country' Slam Amid Vinicius Jr Controversy
A UEFA Champions League match was disrupted by a racist incident involving Vinicius Jr and Gianluca Prestianni. Seun Kut...
Jaylen Brown Alleges 'Targeted' Shutdown as Beverly Hills Issues Apology

Beverly Hills has apologized to NBA star Jaylen Brown for an inaccurate statement concerning the shutdown of his brand e...
Hollywood Reacts as Tributes Pour In for Veteran Actor Eric Dane

Beloved actor Eric Dane, known for his iconic roles as "McSteamy" in "Grey's Anatomy" and the complex Cal Jacobs in "Eup...
Live54+ Drives Major Consolidation in Africa's Creative Capital Markets
Live54+ has launched to consolidate Africa's fragmented creative industries, uniting East and West African businesses in...
UK to Introduce Digital Visas for Nigerian Travelers by 2026

Nigerian nationals applying for UK visitor visas will transition to a digital eVisa system from February 25, 2026, repla...
Uganda Airlines Faces Scrutiny as Officials Warn of Tourism Impact
Ugandan government officials are raising alarms over negative publicity surrounding Uganda Airlines, warning it's causin...
Nigeria's Fintech Future Unveiled: Exploring Digital Finance Horizons

Nigeria's fintech sector, despite significant growth and over 500 startups, faces major obstacles including regulatory u...
Nvidia's Strategic Strike: Tech Giant Fuels India's AI Startup Boom

Nvidia is significantly boosting its engagement with India's early-stage AI startups through new partnerships with firms...




