Wike Declares Unwavering Loyalty to Tinubu, Crushes 2027 Presidential Ambition Rumours

Nyesom Wike, the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), has unequivocally refuted recent reports alleging that he is being positioned for a presidential contest in 2027. He affirmed his steadfast support for President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s administration, committing to it until 2031. These denials come in response to a viral online report claiming that certain leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) were pressuring Wike to enter the 2027 presidential race. Lere Olayinka, Wike's spokesperson, condemned the allegations as "another lie from idle minds who have nothing to contribute to the development of the country" and dismissed them as "kindergarten tactics."
In a statement released in Abuja, Olayinka underscored Wike’s position, stating, “As far as Wike is concerned, it is President Bola Ahmed Tinubu till 2031. He has made his stand clear. He is not running for president and is fully committed to delivering the Renewed Hope Agenda of the President in the FCT.” Olayinka further highlighted Wike's transparent nature, asserting, “The Minister does not operate in secrecy. He says what he does and does what he says,” while criticizing those behind the rumors for attempting to discredit Wike through persistent campaigns of falsehoods.
During the flag-off ceremony for the construction of Collector Road C01, connecting the Body of Benchers Complex to Nile University in the Institution and Research District, Minister Wike took the opportunity to address the public directly. He challenged Nigerians to engage constructively with the government, rather than resorting to unproductive social media criticism. Wike commended the Body of Benchers for their responsible engagement, which led to the approval and commencement of the road project, contrasting it with those who “play politics on social media.” He emphasized that "what you did not get through the door, you will not get through the window," advocating for respectful and responsible dialogue as the path to meaningful development.
The Minister provided examples of effective citizen engagement, referencing a recent request from the Body of Benchers during the Call to Bar ceremony. This respectful request prompted President Tinubu's immediate approval for the road project under emergency procurement. Wike expressed his commitment to responsive governance, stating, “The Body of Benchers did not go on social media to rant. They made their request humbly, and the President approved it. Today, we are flagging off a major infrastructure project that will benefit not only them but also Baze and Nile Universities, and the surrounding community.” He noted his surprise at the location of some institutions, underscoring that the project would serve them all, embodying responsible governance that responds to needs, not noise.
This flag-off event was part of an extensive series of project commissioning and inaugurations by the FCT Administration, marking the 17th day of such activities, with plans to reach 20 continuous days of infrastructural development across Abuja by Wednesday. Wike also announced a new project flag-off for Monday at the Nigerian Law School, Bwari, which will involve the construction of 300-bed hostels for both male and female students, an unprecedented development. These initiatives, along with 10 fully furnished bungalows started last year for the Law School, are all under President Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda.
Wike further reflected on the inherent limits of governance, acknowledging that no single administration can resolve all of a nation's challenges. He stressed, “Even if I remain Minister for 500 years, there will still be new problems. The key is to do your best within the available time and resources.” He reiterated that President Tinubu has not promised to solve all problems but is dedicated to steering Nigeria towards sustainable growth. He urged citizens to become partners in governance by offering honest feedback and suggestions, rather than hiding behind anonymous social media accounts to spread falsehoods.
Regarding the purported meeting of southern PDP stakeholders on August 20, 2025, Olayinka clarified that the gathering had no connection to Wike’s presidential ambitions. Instead, its purpose was to deliberate on alleged plans by certain PDP elements to micro-zone key party positions. The outcomes of this meeting were publicly communicated through an official statement endorsed by prominent party figures, including state PDP chairmen from Imo, Abia, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, and Rivers; the National Vice Chairman (South-East); the Minority Leader of the House of Representatives; and several former senators and legal advisers. Olayinka stated that these publicly released names were mischievously misrepresented by detractors to perpetuate their false narratives. He concluded by affirming Wike's unwavering dedication to delivering on the Renewed Hope Agenda in the FCT, working to transform Abuja into a model capital city to ensure President Tinubu's re-election success.
Recommended Articles
Oyo Governor Makinde's 2027 Presidential Bid Sparks Fierce Political Debates

FCT Minister Nyesom Wike has vehemently denied any alliance between the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the Allied Pe...
Abuja's Wike-Built Bus Terminal Collapses Under Heavy Rain, Causes Gridlock

A torrential downpour caused significant damage to the recently inaugurated Kugbo Bus Terminal in Abuja, leading to seve...
After Years of Uncertainty, Wike Confirms Over 1,600 FCTA Appointments

FCT Minister Nyesom Wike approves confirmation for 1,659 FCTA workers after rigorous examinations, addressing years of b...
Ghana's Tamale 24-Hour Market: Mahama Hails Economic Vision as Local Leaders Push for Progress

Ghana's government has launched the nationwide 24-Hour Market projects, aimed at driving economic transformation and job...
Mining Giant Shake-Up: Ibrahim Mahama's Engineers and Planners Seize Control of Damang Mine!

The Damang Mine has officially transitioned to Engineers and Planners Limited, marking a significant shift towards local...
President Tinubu, Otedola, Others Shower Praise on Business Mogul Dangote at 69

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and billionaire Femi Otedola have extended warm congratulations to industrialist Aliko Dango...
You may also like...
Usyk Dominates Verhoeven in Thrilling Knockout, Rematch Talk Ignites Boxing World

Oleksandr Usyk defeated kickboxing star Rico Verhoeven in a controversial eleventh-round stoppage during their heavyweig...
Netflix Shock: Blockbuster That Raked In 14x Budget in 8 Days Now Exits Platform

Erotic thrillers, led by 'The Housemaid' and 'Fifty Shades of Grey,' are experiencing a commercial resurgence, defying c...
Paramount+ Sci-Fi Fails: 136M Hour Video Game Adaptation Can't Fix Strategy

The live-action Halo TV series, despite high anticipation, ultimately disappointed fans and was canceled after two seaso...
Revolutionary Vision: Boots Riley's 'I Love Boosters' Unpacked

"I Love Boosters," Boots Riley's politically charged comedy-thriller, delves into a hyper-capitalist future through the ...
Amazon's Mysterious 'Bee' Wearable: Intrigue and Creepiness Unveiled

Bee, Amazon's AI wrist gadget, offers promising capabilities as a personal assistant for recording and summarizing conve...
Tinubu's Unstoppable Rise: APC Presidential Primary Dominates Headlines

President Bola Tinubu secured an overwhelming victory in the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential primaries acro...
High Stakes: Iran-US Peace Deal Hangs in Balance Awaiting Crucial Approval

A proposed peace deal between the US and Iran is reportedly largely negotiated, offering sanctions relief and asset unfr...
Europe Outraged: Russia Unleashes Hypersonic 'Oreshnik' Missile in 'Deranged' Kyiv Attack

Russia launched a massive missile and drone attack on Kyiv, deploying its powerful hypersonic Oreshnik ballistic missile...