Million-Pound Robbery Cases: Inside Allegations and Kidnap-Heist Shocks UK

Two high-stakes robbery incidents in the UK have recently captured public attention, each marked by tragedy, large-scale theft, and ongoing legal investigations.
The first involves a £1.1 million watch heist in Richmond, which ended in the suicide of a salesman. Kyle Mehmet, 40, an alleged participant, told Woolwich Crown Court that he believed the raid on May 25, 2024, was an “inside job”, claiming he did not profit but took part to settle a £190,000 debt with gangsters. Mehmet reportedly fled to Turkey with his family after the heist before secretly returning via Ireland.
Court proceedings revealed that Mehmet held salesman Oliver White, 27, in a headlock while Junior Kunu, 31, stole luxury watches, including a Rolex Sky Dweller, from 247 Kettles on Kew Road. Tragically, White took his own life hours later following a tense meeting with the store’s owners. He was found dead by a friend in woods near Shepperton, an area familiar from his youth.
Michael Holmes, 34, is also implicated, allegedly participating in a failed robbery attempt at the same shop two days earlier. Mehmet asserted he acted as “muscle” and was told violence would be unnecessary. Prosecutors, led by Ed Brown KC, argued that Mehmet provided a “pack of lies”, highlighting his knowledge of the May 23 aborted robbery and links to Mannix Pedro, 38, who organized the raid and supplied a stolen Audi getaway car. Pedro has already been convicted of conspiracy to rob. The total value of stolen watches exceeds £1.16 million, none of which have been recovered. Mehmet, Kunu, and Holmes deny conspiracy to rob, and the trial continues.
In a separate and alarming incident on November 4, masked robbers executed a 30-minute kidnap and robbery targeting a car traveling from Oxford to London. Five victims—two men and three women—were assaulted inside the vehicle. The assailants stole a £450,000 watch, £1.1 million in cryptocurrency, and personal items, coercing one victim to transfer crypto from their account. The victims were abandoned in the Five Mile Drive area of Oxford.
Thames Valley Police launched a comprehensive investigation, arresting four men across the country:
A 21-year-old from London (suspicion of conspiracy to rob, kidnap, driving offenses)
A 37-year-old from London (robbery and kidnap)
A 23-year-old from Kent (robbery and kidnap)
A 19-year-old from Birmingham (robbery, kidnap, possession of fraud tools)
All suspects have been bailed. Police utilized CCTV, ANPR, digital forensics, cryptocurrency, and financial analysis, executing warrants in London and Birmingham. Authorities are seeking the public’s help, particularly regarding a black BMW saloon, blue Hyundai Ioniq, or silver Mercedes Vito in the Yarnton, Kidlington, and Oxford areas between 1 pm and 4 pm on November 4. Anyone with information is urged to contact Thames Valley Police or Crimestoppers.
These incidents underscore a worrying trend of high-value, organized crimes and highlight the continued use of technology and cryptocurrency in modern robberies, presenting unique challenges for law enforcement.
Recommended Articles
Shockwave: Federal Contractor's Son Busted in $46 Million Government Crypto Heist

An alleged U.S. government contractor, John Daghita, has been arrested on Saint Martin for allegedly stealing over $46 m...
Justice Served: Police Dismiss Five Officers for Armed Robbery, Kidnapping, and Extortion

The Nigeria Police Force has dismissed five inspectors and arrested several others for serious crimes including kidnappi...
Kwara Kidnapping Crisis: Police Move to Apprehend Gang as Ultimatum Looms

Kwara State faces a severe kidnapping crisis as gunmen threaten to kill 176 Woro community abductees, including women to...
Heroic Rescue! Nigerian Troops Free Remaining Benue Kidnap Victims Amidst JAMB Controversy

Security operatives have successfully rescued 13 passengers abducted earlier in the week along the Makurdi–Otukpo road i...
Urgent Travel Alert: US Cancels Nigeria Visa Appointments Amid Abuja Staff Withdrawal
The US Embassy in Abuja has canceled all visa appointments due to a deteriorating security situation across Nigeria, dir...
US Embassy Shuts Visa Services in Abuja Amid Renewed Travel Advisory, Nigerian Govt Assures Public of Stability

The Nigerian government has strongly countered a recent US travel advisory, asserting the nation's safety for economic a...
You may also like...
Guardiola's Shock Exit: Man City's Future in Doubt as Pep Lands New Gig
Pep Guardiola is set to depart as Manchester City manager after a decade of unprecedented success, but will remain with ...
Carrick Takes Command! Manchester United Seals Permanent Manager Deal

Manchester United has officially appointed Michael Carrick as their permanent manager, rewarding his successful interim ...
Shockwave Hits Starz: Major Series Gets the Axe!

Starz has canceled its reboot series, "Spartacus: House of Ashur," after just one season due to poor ratings and strateg...
Jazz World Shaken: Kendrick Lamar Collaborator Ryan Porter Passes Away at 46

Renowned jazz trombonist Ryan Porter, a key member of the West Coast Get Down and contributor to Kendrick Lamar's *To Pi...
Hip-Hop Mourns: ‘It Takes Two’ Legend Rob Base Dies at 59

Hip hop legend Rob Base, of the iconic duo Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock, passed away at 59 on May 22, 2026, after a private ba...
Angola Charges Ahead: New Event Tourism Strategy Launched at Major Fair

Angola has debuted at IMEX Frankfurt, a leading global event tourism fair, with a strategic focus on attracting investme...
Star-Studded Farewell: The Late Show Bids Emotional Goodbye

Stephen Colbert's "The Late Show" aired its final episode tonight, with the host affectionately calling it "the joy mach...
Hollywood Shake-Up: Tom Hardy's Abrupt Exit from MobLand Project

Guy Ritchie's MobLand has become Paramount+'s biggest non-Taylor Sheridan hit, marking significant success for the serie...