Katy Perry Forced to Testify in Court Battle During Upcoming Tour | In Touch Weekly
may be forced to testify in a bitter court battle with a disabled veteran in the middle of her upcoming tour after her alleged “spat” with was revealed, In Touch can exclusively report.
In Touch obtained court documents that show a hearing was held on February 10 as part of the lawsuit brought by 85-year-old against Katy’s business manager, .
Carl, who founded 1-800-Flowers, claimed he sold his Santa Barbara mansion to Bernie, acting on behalf of Katy, 40, for $15 million in 2020.
He said he was under the influence of painkillers following a surgery when he made the deal. Once the medication wore off, Carl tried to back out of the deal, but Katy’s team refused.
During phase one of the trial, the court determined Bernie was the rightful owner and the deal that Cal executed was enforceable.
Katy was given the keys to the property last year, according to court documents. The parties are preparing for phase two of the trial.
The judge previously ordered Katy to testify regarding alleged damages, which will take place during phase two, which was scheduled to take place on February 25.
The date has been pushed several times due to various issues.
As In Touch first reported, Carl’s lawyer recently pleaded for the trial date to be pushed once again. The attorney claimed he was experiencing severe health issues that made it hard to properly prepare for the upcoming trial.
At the recent hearing, the judge agreed to push the trial date. Phase two will begin on August 21 and shall go through August 28 at 10 a.m. each day.
The judge wrote in the order, “There shall be absolutely NO FURTHER CONTINUANCES OF THE TRIAL!!!!” The trial date may cause logistical issues for Katy, who starts her first tour in seven years, The Lifetime Tours, on April 23.
The pop star will tour North America until the end of August.
She will then launch an international leg of the tour on September 6 in Buenos Aires and will continue with dates until November 7.
The trial dates of August 21 through August 28 could cause issues due to Katy having concerts on August 20 in Atlanta, August 22 in Tampa and August 23 in Miami.
As In Touch first reported, Katy’s team and Carl’s lawyers are also battling over whether the singer’s partner Orlando will be forced to testify in the case.
Carl’s team fired off a subpoena demanding Orlando show up and give testimony. Katy’s business manager opposed the request.
He claimed the subpoena was issued in an effort to violate the actor’s privacy, disrupt Katy’s family, harass Orlando and “further sensationalize this straightforward property dispute and damage calculation.” Carl’s lawyer claimed Orlando was a relevant witness.
He said, “It is clear that [Orlando] is so closely aligned with [Katy], and that he supervising repairs, such that he is a material witness to the scope of repairs and to the scope of all other work being done or contemplated at the house.”
In court documents, it was revealed Carl’s property manager, who met with Orlando at the home for inspections, testified during a deposition about an alleged “spat” between Orlando and Katy in 2024.
As In Touch first reported, Carl’s family fears the 85-year-old may not make it to phase two of the trial.
In November 2024, Carl’s family told In Touch, “Our dad has been bedridden in a care facility as slowly we watch his health decline. Huntington’s disease, like Alzheimer’s, is a horrible disease and each and every day is different.”