Log In

Ruben Amorim delivers team news for Nottm Forest v Man Utd | Manchester United

Published 2 days ago3 minute read

Skip to Main NavigationSkip to content

Monday 31 March 2025 13:30

Manchester United head coach Ruben Amorim has provided an update on his squad, ahead of Tuesday's trip to Nottingham Forest.

By the time the 20:00 BST kick-off rolls around at the City Ground, it will have been 16 days since we were last in action, for the 3-0 victory at Leicester City 30 miles south of Forest's home.

Mason Mount returned to the squad at the King Power Stadium before the break as an unused substitute, and he could be in line for a first appearance since December, while Ruben's options have been further boosted by the return of five players to training last week, including defenders Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw and Leny Yoro.

While Amorim admitted that Shaw is not yet prepared to make a comeback, he said Maguire and Yoro are available for the clash with the Premier League's third-placed side.

There is further good news as Kobbie Mainoo is not far off a return and Ayden Heaven's injury - suffered at Leicester - is not as serious as first feared, with Amorim confirming he would be able to play again this season.

“Luke is not ready yet,” said Ruben in his pre-match press conference.

“We are starting doing some drills with the team. But we are getting Luke, Mason is feeling better, he was already on the bench in the last game.

“I think Kobbie is almost returning also but not ready for this game. Jonny Evans is recovering, Ayden is recovering.

“Who else? Licha is out you know, I think that’s it. Maguire is also ready to go to the game. Yoro, yes.”

Patrick Chinazaekpere Dorgu can play in the Premier League for the first time since February, as he has now served the three-match suspension he received for being sent off against Ipswich Town.

Chido Obi is with the Under-18s for Monday's FA Youth Cup semi-final at Aston Villa.

Nuno Espirito Santo has admitted Chris Wood is a major doubt for the game, after injuring his hip on international duty with New Zealand.

The hosts' top scorer missed the Emirates FA Cup quarter-final success at Brighton & Hove Albion, as Forest progressed via a penalty shootout.

"Let's wait and see," he said. "It is going to be day by day we have to assess him.

"It is all about the pain he has. It was a big impact on his hip and it is very painful. We have to assess him."

Meanwhile, Morgan Gibbs-White was withdrawn moments before the end of extra-time, after earlier colliding with a post.

"We are going to assess him," added Espirito Santo. "He had a big contact against the post. His leg was not okay and he was struggling."

Back-up keeper Carlos Miguel has also picked up an injury.

Monday 31 March 2025 13:30

Back to Top

Origin:
publisher logo
Manchester United
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...

You may also like...