Log In

Nicolas Cage's Ex Reveals Injuries in Court Over Alleged Assault by Son | In Touch Weekly

Published 1 month ago5 minute read

s ex-wife  detailed her alleged injuries caused by her son Weston Cage, In Touch can exclusively report.

According to court documents obtained by In Touch, months before Christina sued Weston and Nicolas, the actress appears to have filed a lawsuit against the management company in charge of Weston’s apartment building.

The first lawsuit, filed on July 24, 2024, was filed against Equity Residential Management with the plaintiff being listed as Jane Doe.

In the suit, Jane accused the management company of negligence. She said she suffered traumatic injuries resulting from an assault and battery that occurred on April 28, 2024, at a complex in Little Tokyo in Downtown Los Angeles.

Jane said the complex advertised itself as having security. She said her injuries would not have occurred had security been present at the time of the incident.

“Additionally, the duration of [Jane’s] assault could have been significantly shortened or even prevented if security had been on-site,” the suit read.

Christina Fulton and Weston

Amanda Edwards/WireImage

In the suit, Jane’s lawsuit read, “On the evening of April 28, 2024, Jane Doe visited a resident at the [apartment complex] in Little Tokyo, a high-crime neighborhood in Downtown, Los Angeles. During her visit, Ms. Doe was brutally assaulted and battered by an individual who forcibly dragged her by her hair from the buildings main garage into the common elevator and repeatedly punched her in the head and face.”

“The assailant continued to drag her out by her hair on a residential floor where he pinned her down by standing on her neck with his foot and all his weight, causing her to lose consciousness,” the suit added. “Ms. Doe suffered traumatic injuries to her brain, eyes, face, neck, arms, legs, lower back, and torso as well as debilitating psychological trauma.”

Nic Cage and Son

Tommaso Boddi/FilmMagic

The lawsuit claimed security was not present during this incident. Jane accused the management company of being negligent in failing to have security on site, especially in a area with higher-than-average rates of violent crime.

The lawsuit did not mention Weston.

The management company denied all allegations of wrongdoing. They claimed Jane’s injuries were the result of a third party, and not them.

The case is ongoing.

Christina filed a lawsuit on February 18, against Nicolas and Weston. She accused Weston of assault and battery, along with intentional infliction of emotional distress. Christina claimed Nicolas was partly responsible for Weston’s actions and claimed he enabled his behavior.

In her suit, she said Weston has a long history of mental and psychological disorder and a history of committing violent assault and battery and harming numerous individuals.

Christina’s lawsuit read, “Nicolas has been aware of Weston’s history and has nevertheless failed to take action to prevent Weston from committing acts of violence and harming others. Instead, Nicolas has taken numerous affirmative actions to enable Weston and his criminal behavior.”

Weston Cage and Christina

Alexandra Wyman/WireImage

She claimed the actor had provided Weston financial support, bailed him out of jail multiple times, provided him support while failing to impose conditions that would require treatment or supervision and said he drinks with their son, despite knowing his substance abuse issues and history of violent outbursts.

“Nicolas knew or should have known that Weston posed a serious and imminent danger to others, including Plaintiff, based on his documented history of violent assaults, substance abuse, and mental instability,” the suit read.

In the suit, Christina detailed the same April 28, 2024, incident at Weston’s apartment building. The date is the same date listed in the first lawsuit filed by Jane Doe.

She said she suffered injuries that, “have required extensive medical care, surgeries, and treatments.”

Christina claimed the incident has “devastated” her thriving career as a former model, actress and entrepreneur. Her lawyer claimed, “[Christina] was in the middle of filming a Netflix show, attending public appearances, and managing her skincare and fitness ventures when the assault derailed her life.”

The lawyer continued, “She missed critical filming schedules, brand promotion events, and international business meetings, resulting in substantial financial losses and reputational harm.”

Christina’s attorney added, “Her burgeoning franchise, Cyclish, and a multimillion-dollar opportunity with a prestigious company were jeopardized due to her inability to focus or operate her business effectively while living in fear of Weston’s attack.”

This week, as part of her lawsuit against Nicolas and Weston, Christina notified the court of a “related case.” She provided a case number for the lawsuit filed by Jane Doe. Christina noted the 2024 case “involves the same parties and is based on the same or similar claims.”

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages. In response, Nicolas’ lawyer told TMZ, “Ms. Fulton’s decision to file a lawsuit against her own son is not surprising given her past history of litigation against family members.”

The lawyer added, “It appears to be nothing short of a money grab and call for attention. Ms. Fulton correctly advised the responding LAPD officers that her son was in the midst of a mental health crisis at the time of this incident. We will deal with this appropriately, and in a courtroom.”

Origin:
publisher logo
In Touch Weekly
Loading...
Loading...

You may also like...